Before you hit the market for any treadmill, you must have a checklist of features you want to see in the product you will buy. If your checklist contains low-price, excellent in performance, good warranty, advanced features, compact and easy to store, the SereneLife SLFTRD18 is your best option.
The SLFTRD18 is a top-selling product of the Brooklyn based company- SereneLife, and it stands out for its low price, yet exceptional build and performance. That is because the company aims at delivering the most dependable products so people can live a better and more serene life.
Similar to the SLFTRD20, the machine’s design makes it ideal for walking and jogging. However, it supports up to 265 pounds, comes with a multifunctional sports app, and allows Bluetooth connection. It is slightly smaller in size and has a narrower running belt, but its performance is still exceptional.
Some Unique Features Of The SLFTRD18
- Frame and Deck: The treadmill’s running deck measures 39.3 inches in length and 13.4 inches in width. Although small, it is perfect for walking and jogging for users below 6ft 2inches tall. Taller users can also manage the machine but will not find it too comfortable. So, if you want a compact, foldable, and slightly longer deck, try the Goplus 2 in 1 Folding Treadmill.
The SereneLife SLFTRD18 was built for speed and stability. Its frame is made of high-quality steel and weight 67 pounds. Thus, the reason it supports heavier users as well as its premium stability.
- Motor: The device has a motor rated 1Hp. Many fitness enthusiasts are keen on high motor power. Even more, commercials on treadmills put excess attention to the power of the motor.
Yet, although high power is an advantage, it is not extremely important for home use or walking treadmills.
Precisely, the function of this machine (walking and jogging) allows a 1Hp just efficient. The motor runs at speeds from 0.6 to 6MpH and does not vibrate nor produce much noise.
However, this motor may not withstand heavy commercial use because daily, intermittent, long hours of operation will stress its components. Thus, significantly reducing the machine’s lifespan.
- Console: The machine’s console features a relatively large LCD screen with large digit indications of speed, calories burnt, distance covered, and heart rate. It is worthy to note that the screen’s readability is high, and the display is easily read even in heavily lighted apartments.
From the console, users can select any one of the twelve preset workout programs, increase speed by +/-0.5MpH, or reach the emergency stop button.
- Safety tool: Treadmill manufacturers recognize the risks of slipping or losing balance on a machine and provide measures to curb the severity of the injury. The SLFTRD18, like every other high-quality treadmill, features a safety key and emergency stop button. This integrated safety key is attached to the user. Upon slip, the key is pulled, and the machine halts automatically. Reaching out to the emergency stop button will also see the machine halt in no time.
- Heart rate monitoring: Although this equipment does not come with a chest strap for monitoring pulse, holding the handrail while walking or jogging will display your heart rate.
- Folding capacity: The device folds easily for storage in small places. Yet, its folding capacity is peculiar for its Soft Drop feature. Soft Drop uses the hydraulic mechanism to allow the deck to gently lower itself to the floor, providing a hands-free, safer folding and unfolding.
- Sports App connection: This treadmill allows users to link the iFitShow app to the device console via Bluetooth. The connection to the treadmill does not require a password, and it allows the collection and storage of the user’s workout data on the treadmill. These stored data can be shared on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Accessories: This equipment features a strategically located, removable tablet/phone holder to keep users entertained while exercising. Also, it comes with two cup holders.
SereneLife SLFTRD18 comes with a one year warranty. It also has a return policy that will give buyers a full refund or exchange within 30 days of purchase.
However, the product must be in its original packaging and must be in the same condition as received to be eligible for a full refund or exchange.
- Perfect for cardiovascular fitness, weight loss, endurance andstamina building
- Easy to assemble
- Simple electric motorized plug-in design
- Excellent overall performance
- Quiet in operation
- Convenient folding style for easy setup & storage
- Transportation wheels for easy movement
- Automatic uphill incline
- Not suitable for commercial use
- Slimmer deck. Thus, not ideal for fat persons
- Bluetooth connectivity is restricted to iFitShow app
SereneLife SLFTRD18 is a low-priced treadmill ideal for weight loss, cardiovascular fitness, and muscle toning. Its connectivity to iFitShow, high-quality construct, and excellent performance makes the product stand out. Yet, its running deck will not suit fat people, and it is not ideal for commercial purposes.